Contact Information

Email - Duylinh.Nguyen@gmail.com
Google Voice - 415-613-2177

Monday, August 18, 2008

Learning XSI

Well.. I decided to try to learn XSI today. So far so good. From what I can tell at this point, this application seems to have a lot of the things I've seen in both 3ds Max and Maya. The only real thing I have to get used to are the shortcut keys and location of everything. I'll place the notes I've taken so far.

XSI Shortcuts

Spacebar-Select
X-Scale
C-Rotate
V-Translate

E-Edge
T-Vertex/Point
Y-Polygon (marquee around the entire polygon to select)
U-Kind of like paint selection

O-Orbit
L-Loop

Shift+LMB-Add to selection
Ctrl+LMB-Toggle selection
Ctrl+Shift+LMB - Remove from selection

H-hide object toggle

I'm currently using a custom preset for navigation. This way it's almost like Maya, but it doesn't override the original XSI sets of shortcuts.

*Edit

Oh my goodness!! XSI's polygon reduction tool is the greatest!! I brought in a model from zbrush that was 1.5 million polys or so and I tried out the polygon reduction from XSI. I applied a relax deformer to it with only 3 out of 100 for it's strength.


No comments: